Located at 98 Mississaga Street East, Mosses along with his two sons John Russell and Norm manufactured saddles, harnesses and collars for both the wholesale and retail trade. By 1920 they were the leading leather goods house north of Toronto specializing in lumber harnesses and collars, trunks, club bags, suitcases, buggy whips, robes, horse clothing, ladies handbags and purses. They also sold automobile tires and wool and plush rugs. Many Orillians will remember the large wooden horse that stood in their window since 1869 and was used to display harnesses and leather goods. The wooden horse, covered in burlap and painted a dapple grey, was 14 hands high and weighed 700 pounds. Boyd’s Luggage and Leather Goods continued to operate for two more generations under the management of Russell and then his son William Boyd until closing in the early 1970s. Photo provided by the Orillia Museum of Art and History.